Country of origin
Bessa Valley, Thracian Lowlands, Bulgaria
Domaine Bessa Valley
Count Stephan von Neipperg,
Dr. Karl-Heinz Hauptmann
“Our aim is to give a new life and to perpetuate a 3.500 year winemaking tradition”
Count Stephan Neipperg
The Domaine Bessa Valley dates from 2001 and covers 300 hectars, 120 km south-east of Sofia and 40 km from ancient Plovdiv. The vineyards are located in the heart of the former region of Thrace whose winegrowing history goes back at least to the 5th and 4th centuries B.C.
The main investor, Count Stephan von Neipperg (owner of several estates in Bordeaux, including Château Canon La Gaffelière in St. Emilion Grand Cru Classé and La Mondotte) and Dr. Karl-Heinz Hauptmann (former Director of Merill Lynch London) have done their utmost to give new life to a vineyard abandoned 20 years ago and to make wines worthy of this outstanding terroir - "simply the best of Bulgaria" (quote Laurenz M. Moser).
THE VALUE PROPOSITION OF ENIRA:
- 1. ENIRA = Bulgaria’s best !
- 2. ENIRA = follows the French chateau idea with all necessary credentials
- 3. ENIRA = production supervised and endorsed by part owner Stephan Neipperg (Château Canon la Gaffelière, La Mondotte, German branch of the Neipperg family)
- 4. ENIRA = backed by financier and wine lover Dr. Karl-Heinz Hauptmann
- 5. ENIRA = Marc Dworkin, a very capable and charismatic driver – from Bordeaux, guarantees firm, top notch quality management
Stephan Graf von Neipperg - Weinadel in Bulgarien